15 Mar How to add that cinematic touch when all you have is a smartphone!
Posted at 19:45h in Top Tips 0 Comments
Here are some tips to make your phone movies more cinematic:
- Use a tripod or stabilize your phone: One of the easiest ways to make your phone movies look more professional is to stabilize your phone. You can use a tripod or a stabilizer to eliminate shakiness and create smooth camera movements.
- Pay attention to lighting: Good lighting is crucial for creating a cinematic look. Try to shoot during the golden hour, which is the hour after sunrise or before sunset, when the light is soft and warm. Also, avoid harsh overhead lighting and use natural light whenever possible.
- Shoot in landscape orientation: Cinematic movies are usually shot in landscape orientation. So, make sure to hold your phone horizontally to capture a wider frame and create a more cinematic look.
- Use the rule of thirds: The rule of thirds is a composition technique that can make your shots more visually interesting. It involves dividing your frame into thirds both horizontally and vertically and placing your subject on one of the intersections of these lines.
- Experiment with different angles: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different camera angles to add depth and visual interest to your shots. Try shooting from low angles or high angles to create a different perspective.
- Add movement: Adding movement to your shots can create a more dynamic and cinematic look. You can create movement by using a dolly or a slider to move the camera, or by moving the camera yourself while filming.
- Edit your footage: Finally, editing is an essential part of creating a cinematic look. Use editing software to cut your footage and add music, sound effects, and color grading to create a more professional-looking movie.